Skite Timiou Prodromou (Roumaniki) Mount Athos

An hour away from the abbey of Lavra, and on a hill about 250 meters from the sea, lies the Rumanian Skite.

This cenobetic skite, was built in 1857. It was founded by the monks Nectarios and Nephona and it is named in honor of St. John Prodromos.

The temple has relatively recent wall paintings. Today the skite has only a hand-full of monks.

Contact informations

Address:  Ouranoupolis Halkidiki
63075 | Greece

Phone: +30 23770 71 201

Fax: +30 23770 71 310

Visitors Online

We have 50 guests and no members online

Map

Copyright © 2018    Hotel Akrogiali Halkidiki Ouranoupoli Halkidiki.      ΜΗ.Τ.Ε.: 0938Κ011Α0160800      Design - Hosting: Group-Art - Nea Roda Halkidiki

Search