Skite Agiou Dimitriou Mount Athos

The skite of Saint Dimitrios, lies thirty minutes away, north of the Vatopedi abbey in a thick forest. It’s main temple (the Kyriako) was decorated with wall paintings and icons in 1755 while it’s porch was decorated in 1806.

The library contains hand-written and printed matters. The monks are mainly occupied with agriculture and a very small number of them with handi-crafts. There are 15 cells and an equal number of monks. The very well- known cell of St. Procopius is only ten minutes away from the Skite. It was first built in the 11th century surrounded in green-forest, and its wall paintings belong to the Macedonian Movement.

GreekEnglish (United Kingdom)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)Bulgarian (Български)Română (România)Russian (CIS)

Visitors Online

We have 20 guests online
Finland inotur picma
escort eskisehir escort eryaman escort samsun escort bursa